UA-55501447-1

Most Popular Posts of All Time

Wednesday, August 1, 2012

T-Shirt Blanket Day 3: The First Rows

Today I started on my blanket. I'm not sure exactly what size my hook is since its not stamped on the hook. I think I remember it to be a "Q,” but I'm not 100% sure. After much contemplation, I decided on a Half Double Crochet (HDC) stitch. This gives more space and less weight than a Single Crochet (SC), but not as much space and air circulation as a Double Crochet (DC). It was the perfect stitch for this project.

In case you need a refresher course on HDC I found a great one at About Crochet.

I started out with 130 chain.
HDC in 3rd chain.
HDC to end of row.
Chain 2.
HDC in 3rd chain.
HDC to end of row.

You now have 2 full HDC rows.  Now you are caught up with me! I've used 6 t-shirts total so far!







I rolled the whole thing up around the t-shirt yarn ball to keep it safe for later.




Till next time,
Ms Vee

No comments :

Post a Comment