UA-55501447-1

Most Popular Posts of All Time

Friday, July 27, 2012

T-Shirt Blanket Day 1: Big Ballin'

I've been wanting to make something great with all of these old t-shirts the are hanging around my house. I ran across a perfect tutorial for cutting fabric into continuous strips at the Laughing Purple Goldfish.

This is the same method I have been using for cutting plarn (plastic bags into yarn.) it works very well, but I've made a few special notes since I'm dealing with t-shirts not pillowcases. Some say not to use screen printed shirts, however I am using these. I haven't had an issue yet and I rather like the look. There must not be any holes in the t-shirts. Make sure three is no embroidery, buttons or other embellishments on the body of the shirt. Other wise, I have been following their tutorial for cutting my shirts into 1" strips.

I began to roll them into a ball. As I got to the end of a t-shirt, I joined the next one to it using a tight zig zag stitch on my sewing machine. I then cut off the excess and continued winding my ball. After day 1 of cutting I had 9 t-shirts cut and rolled.



Also, a special thanks to Maryse at Just Maryse for the idea for the name of my blog. I know you are mainly a knitter, but I'd truly just rather be hookin'!

Ta Ta For Now,

1 comment :

  1. thanks for the shout out! and for the kind comment. i have to say that i crochet and knit about equally these days. sometimes i too would rather just be hookin'.

    ReplyDelete