UA-55501447-1

Most Popular Posts of All Time

Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Finished Tunisian Wingspan



I am sorry it took so long to post this. If you have been following along you know I was going to attempt this amazing new project. This project had a lot of firsts for me! I have never used wool before this, I didn't even know what Tunisian crochet was before I found this pattern and it was the first shawl I ever made.

I was very sick between Thanksgiving and New Years, so I didn't get to finish it on time for the Nerd Wars challenge. It worked out though because I submitted it to detention in HPKCHC for January.

Without further adieu let me show you some pics of the finished shawl...










Don't I look cheesy in my smurf shirt? Haha. Well it doesn't get too cold in South Louisiana even in January, so shawls are a rare find here!

About the Yarn...

Thanks again to the amazing Tiffany (a fellow Slytherin and Nerd Warrior) from Sunset Stiches for custom making her Bellatrix Luvs Voldemort Self Striping Sock Yarn in the 100% merino base for me. I cannot say enough about this yarn! It is so soft and the stripes look so good in this pattern.

About the Pattern...

I LOVE this pattern! I am so glad that I have found this! I have always drooled over the beautiful wingspans that I would see knitters submit on Nerd Wars. I was always so jealous. I gave up trying to knit about 18 years ago when I realized crochet was much more my style. When I came across the Tunisian Wingspan by Amy Depew and Beth Graham. I fell in love! Finally a wingspan for crocheters! There are many options with this pattern. I chose to use the Trs for this shawl because I wanted to follow the pattern as it was such a major first for me. This pattern was super easy to follow and worked up lovely!

Future Plans...


I am planning to make another soon using a different yarn from her shop and a different stitch using the same pattern. I would love to use the Tunisian Knit Stitch next time to get a different look. Maybe I will use Sunset Stitches Slyther On Slytherin Self Striping Sock Yarn or Merlotte's Fingering Weight Yarn. Either way you know I LOVE green and now I LOVE merino!

PS... If you like the shawl pin in the photo you can buy your own here.     

 

PSS... Many more are finished and ready to be put into the shop too, so keep an eye out!

 

Have you ever crocheted a wingspan? How do you feel about Tunisian crochet? Share your thoughts below.







No comments :

Post a Comment