UA-55501447-1

Most Popular Posts of All Time

Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Discovery: Learn a new skill

I have been crocheting for 22 years. It wasn't until a year ago that I started working with Amigurumi and last Christmas I completed my first full afghan for my grandfather.

After being prompted to try something new by a Nerd Wars challenge I have decided to try Tunisian crochet. Oddly enough I found these odd looking bamboo crochet hooks with a 48" tail and I had to know what they were.








After asking my teammates I discovered Tunisian crochet. I have never seen anything like this before although I know it is a very old form of crochet. I guess living in South Louisiana sometimes shelters us from how things are done in cold weather. Most of my crochet has always been home, and toys. I am just recently starting to crochet accessories and clothing (within the last 3 years).

https://www.etsy.com/shop/sunsetstitches?ref=pr_faveshopsMy ravelry friend, Tiffany, has a great yarn shop where I will be purchasing some wool to use for this wonderful project.


I have already found a great shawl pattern that I hope to use. It is based on a knitting pattern that is very beautiful. The shawl below on the left is the crochet one and the one on the right is the knit one.

So if you would like to crochet this lovely shawl along with me I have included the free pattern link and I will include a video tutorial for Tunisian crochet. I will keep updating as this progresses.











~Candi



No comments :

Post a Comment