UA-55501447-1

Most Popular Posts of All Time

Thursday, November 14, 2013

Nerd Wars T9 Round 1

I am in Nerd Wars T9. I am a proud member of team (Zombie) Apocalypse!

During the first round I dwarfed the nebula.



Here are my posts for Round 1.

(Nerdology): WHAT THE HECK IS A LARP?

Rav handle: MegaMsVeee
Team Name: (zombie) apocalypse
What craft was used?: Crochet
Project page link : Michonne’s Headband

A written description of how your project answers the challenge: I created an item that will work when one is LARPing or Cos-playing as Michonne from Season 3 of The Walking Dead.
Inspiration Image:
image title
Photo of project:
Michonnes Headband
Michonnes Headband

Michonnes Headband

Team spirit: Michonne has a lot of headbands to fashionably keep her dreadlocks out of her face while kicking zombie ass. I used Sari Silk to get colors to match her headbands she wears on Season 3 of The Walking Dead.

Team Unity: This is a gift for Michonne from Season 3 of The Walking Dead. Although Michonne has a lot of headbands, she may not have any warm ones. I made this one wide enough to also be an ear warmer, so that she could wear it during the cold winter months and look fabulous while killing her some zombies.

(Discovery): GOING STRATOSPHERIC

Rav handle: MegaMsVeee
Team Name: (Zombie) Apocalypse
What craft was used?: Crochet
Project page link: Swap Squares
A written description of how your project answers the challenge: The colors in these squares were inspired by the beautiful aurora borealis. I have never had the pleasure of seeing them in person (I live in South Louisiana), but I do love looking at photos of them.
image title
Photo:
October 2013 Granny Swap Squares
October 2013 Granny Swap Squares
Team spirit: These squares remind me of the beautiful stained glass windows found inside the cafe in the Walking Dead Season 3.
image title











(Encyclopedia): VOLUME Z: ZOO

Rav handle: MegaMsVeee
Team Name: (Zombie) Apocalypse
What craft was used?: Crochet
Project page: Red Lanyard
A written description of how your project answers the challenge: I made this red lanyard for holding my membership card when I am at the local zoo. We get discounts on everything in the zoo including all of the food booths, so it’s very handy to have your membership card ready to scan.
Photo:
Red Lanyard
Team spirit: This would be handy for Felipe to wear so that he could have his security clearance card handy at all times in the Atlanta nursing home. During season 1 of the Walking Dead we see that; Felipe was working as a special care provider at the nursing home. Once the outbreak struck and people began turning into walkers, all the nurses and doctors ran away and left the patients to die. Guillermo and Felipe decided to stay behind and take care of them.

(Giving Geeks): FEAR HAS ITS USE

Rav handle: MegaMsVeee
Team Name: (Zombie) Apocalypse
What craft was used? Donation
A written description of how your project answers the challenge: First off I had to get over my fear of letting things go. Second my donation of clothes and books to the local thrift store helps local families overcome several fears. They can buy the items for as low as a nickel which will help with their fear of not having enough money to buy clothes for their family. Second the proceeds from the thrift store buy food for the food bank which is then given away reliving their fear of starving.
Photo: (The nice lady at the store took the two bags immediately, but was camera shy, so I took a photo of the books as I left them outside the door.)
image title
Team spirit: In the first book in Jesse Peterson’s Living with the dead series “Married with Zombies,’ Sara and David are forced to loot a sporting good store when they are left with no supplies. One of the main things they were after was clothes. In the second book “Flip this Zombie,” Sara tells of how they looted a book store to gain information that they otherwise could not have gotten in their zombie apocalyptic world.
image title image title


(Flexible Schedule): WEAR SOMETHING GAUDY

Rav handle: MegaMsVeee
Team Name: (Zombie) Apocolypse
What craft was used?: Crochet
Project page: Super Gaudy Zombie Ear Necklace
A written description of how your project answers the challenge:
This ear necklace is extremely gaudy. All of the “freshly undead” ears have huge earrings.
This necklace was entirly created this month.
Photos of your project:
Super Gaudy Zombie Ear Necklace
Super Gaudy Zombie Ear Necklace
Super Gaudy Zombie Ear Necklace
Team spirit: This project was inspired by Daryl from The Walking Dead and his awesome ear necklace.









Check this out! Team Pi honored my zombie ear necklace for their artifact of the week!




image title

I have already started on Round 2 and I will be posting more soon. I am also a member of HPKCHC, but I am not sorted. I do hang out in the Snake Pit though.

No comments :

Post a Comment